Friday, January 22, 2010

Been awhile. Had a bout with a very sore and wrapped right wrist which made typing and most all other things impossible beings that I am right handed. On my way to recovery.

My mood has changed so much from yesterday to today-

Yesterday- frustrated at religion, such an ugly thing isn't it. love the true gospel, the depiction of Christ, grace, love, humility, servant heart, the hands and feet of Christ. I would venture to say that religion and its religious leaders, whatever specific religion that might be, have made the hands and feet of Christ look like a pair of judgmental, glaring eyes. This is an observation long in the making, began with my first interaction with "Christians", it has surely strengthened by now. THIS is why I LOVE my generation. We are fierce and want change and truth and love and Christ to drive us in all of humanitarian efforts, our everyday lives, our every interaction with every person (except for RUDE customer service people- just being honest- I have a hard time being nice to them.) We want Jesus to be seen as the life and person he truly is- loving, grace filled, loving arms, smiling eyes, beauty, peace, restoration. That is the God I know, if anyone tries to tell you he is something different, they're lying.

Now with that said:
Today: It was the dang novel I stayed up reading until the wee hours of the morning. A knight in shining armor, a countess, an evil prince and princess, an army- love, betrayal, restoration. I AM such a girl. This was not a kids novel, it was 450 hundred pages. NOW after reading this, I always kick myself, I am daydreaming of love and castles and literally giddy with laughter. Oh heavens, need to stop reading fairy tales- back to reality. BUT I'm not gonna lie I believe in fairy tales with all my heart :) I am cheesy and a romantic through and through. Love stories intrigue and capture me every time.


Haiti, you are still on my heart. Believing, crying, praying for you. You are a beautiful people and nation.

Most random blog ever, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment