Sunday, January 10, 2010

So I heard Alice Cooper's 'School's Out' just the other day and literally jumped up and down inside. I am so glad to be done with school. I can read what I want, write what I want and keep my own agenda- no homework ever. I love it. I mean I loved school but life without homework is really, truly the best.

I finally have time to read what I want. Jane Austen, Emily and Charolette Bronte, Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis (whom I love). The Classics- I received several series of books last Christmas and am slowly but surely reading through them. It really is freeing to be able to just sit down with hot tea and a good book and not worry about any sort of deadline. I do enjoy.

Do you ever just take the time to listen to people in the hustle and bustle of life? I just recently did that in the middle of work- asked about the family, the wife, life. People's eyes light up when you really genuinely want to know about their life- so beautiful. Take time out of your busy day and really listen to people, I mean really listen. People have great stories and lovely updates to tell. You learn so much about people when you're quiet.

So the prison system is rolling with the times- my dad emailed me. haha. They just got email. He is officially the worst typer in the world, but I am proud of him for trying! He is like excited about this email thing, computers weren't at the center of our functioning lives when he went in, so this is all new to him. It really is precious:)

So in honor of my dad getting email, here are few of his favorite songs/bands: for your listening pleasure. Enjoy.





Happy Sunday.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment